Immersed in the
chapters unable to pull away something has locked you in to the fate of the
story and the characters. I have spent
countless late nights reading and reading determined to find out what will
happen. There is always one last chapter one last page till I finally surrender
to sleep with tired blood shot eyes. By the end of the book the only gratification
is starting the next book in the series.
Stories are primary and pivotal to our lives. Whether by
book or TV they are the teachers to our children and the inspiration for so
much through the adventures of life. Stories are our backbone our trip to
another universe or the reminder of this one. Stories enrich our lives and bind
us together with our predecessors and our fellow man. History’s lessons and life’s secrets are
within the pages of books, and on cable.
Each person may have their own idea of a good story but all
can agree that time is well spent hearing a good one out to its conclusion. I
have a deep love for a good book and I enjoy a move now and then. Whether by
book or move I must feel a human connection an emotional one, I most relate to
the characters and their situation. I have thrown out books and walked out of
theaters. Rather than waste my time on mediocre wannabes; my judgment may not
be yours. But there are good ones and there are flops I for one am continually
surprised by how many people buy in to the popular. And the crowds that the new
and in things create. People I think want to sit at the cool table more than
actually enjoy themselves. I can’t sit through something for the sake of its
popularity. To me it would be the same as eating worms because all the big
restaurants are selling them; hopefully I won’t half to eat my words.
No comments:
Post a Comment